Apparently, someone somewhere has decided today is officially "Top Gun Day". I'm not sure how I feel about assigning random days to celebrate awesome 80's movies but if they all have a celebration to-do list as creative as the one below, then bring on Pretty in Pink Day.
Courtesy of the official Top Gun Day website:
Excerpts from How to Celebrate Top Gun Day -
- Use as many Top Gun lines throughout the day as possible. For example, say your friend Jim asks you what you’re doing on Friday night, you should respond: “Hey Jim, you stink”.
- Wear aviator sunglasses. Cheap or expensive. Inside or out. Just don’t “Scratch one”!
- Grab your Top Gun Day T-Shirt and “CALL THE BALL!”
- Go to a bar…wearing a flight suit or aviator wings and order a glass of Hemlock.
- Call your friends and tell them, “I’m going to Top Gun!” and then hangup.
- Buy some rubber dog poo.
- Don’t wear deodorant and only respond to the name, Slider.